fascinating trivia about Charlie Chaplin over on IMDB:
- He was born four days before Adolf Hitler, in 1889.
- He had bright blue eyes.
- His understudy in England was Stan Laurel; they sailed to America together and shared a boarding house when they arrived.
- In 1925, he was the first actor to appear on the cover of Time magazine.
- At the height of his popularity, he failed to win a Charlie Chaplin look-a-like contest.
- His imprints were removed (and subsequently lost) from the Hollywood walk of fame because of his suspected communist views.
- Although Adolf Hitler despised Chaplin, he was aware of his popularity, and grew the Chaplin moustache to endear himself to the people.
- He never became a U.S. citizen.
- He composed about 500 melodies, including Smile.
- The last film he saw, in 1976, was Rocky.
- In 1978, his dead body was stolen for over two months. When it was recovered, it was re-buried in a vault encased in cement.
Credit: Portrait photograph
Failed a look-alike contest of himself? judges must have been high
it’s awesome, coz i wanted A BIOGRAPHY of Charles Chaplin for my work at school, but i can’t find anything that is noot too long, sooo, i just looked at these facts, and made it into a paragraph! XD thnx its useful 🙂
It’s useful, because i couldn’t finde anything that wasn’t soooo long when i wanted a biography of charles chaplin, so i looked at these and made them into a biography myself 😀
how old is he now
he lived such a long life
Comments are closed.